“to cherish a desire with anticipation”
“to expect with confidence”
“the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best”
“to look forward to with desire and confidence”
“to place trust, rely”
“He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything.” ~ Proverb
Hope is not mystical, ethereal or magical. Hope is that small thing that makes life worth living. The thing that keeps us moving forward even when the days are dark and the nights are long, when the pain in our hearts feels unbearable.
There have been times in my life when it was difficult to hold onto the thread that connected my to my hope. Knowing what fills my cup with hope is critical for my sense of well-being.
Nature: A walk in the snow, digging my toes into the sand at the beach, gathering leaves in the fall, deep breaths of cool morning air.
Faith: Believing in something greater than myself.
Optimistic people: Surrounding myself with others who have hope for a brighter tomorrow.
Create a greater sense of hope in your life.
- Take action: Engage in your community and meet people.
- Share the Love: Volunteer for your local soup kitchen, homeless shelter, food bank, animal rescue.
- Educate yourself: Learn a new skill or topic.
- Practice Gratitude: Be thankful for what you have already received and achieved in life and it will open doors for more in the future.
- Let Go: Let go of fear, anxiety and sadness. Find a good therapist who can help you build a bridge to hope by working through the history that holds you back.
So, tell me. What gives you hope?